Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good Morning Indeed

Beginning Bankroll: $8.32

Holy Moley! I think I'm getting to like this Limit Hold 'Em! As long as I keep playing tight-aggressive and only going to war with good hands, I think I'm gonna do pretty well. It helps to have donkeys at the table who play every hand and don't know when they're beat, but they seem to be a dime a dozen at the micro limits.

I wound up with some unexpected free time this morning, so I signed on to my PokerStars account to work on my bankroll experiment. I joined a 10-handed 2-cent/4-cent LHE table, buying in for 80 cents, and it was a struggle. I didn't get many good starting hands and when I did, I usually whiffed at the flop. Or played it out and got rivered by one of the aforementioned donkeys who got lucky.

My stack was down below 50 cents when I finally caught a hand and won a pot that nearly put me back to even. Then my stack shrank again to around 63 cents before another big pot put me up.

And that's how it went: Wait forever for anything good while my stack slowly shrivelled, then catch a big hand that gets paid off well (one was trip kings over pocket aces when I started with AKo). Eventually I had more than tripled up, and the table seemed to be breaking up, so I called it quits. In the end my stack was up to $2.63, and I had increased my overall bankroll by 22% in that session. I'll take that any day of the week.

That's my report for my session this morning. I don't know yet if I'll play tonight when I finish my work day, but if I do, I'll duly report on it. Thanks for following along, and good luck at the tables.

Ending Bankroll: $10.15, up $1.83

No comments: