Sunday, January 13, 2008

Freeroll Flameout 2

Beginning Bankroll: $1.51

Another day, another shot at the Ceres Invitational Freeroll Tourney on PokerStars. Today's edition pulled in 1648 entrants and paid 180 places. This time I wasn't completely card-dead, as I caught a couple of nice hands and nearly doubled my starting chip stack at one point. Then I lost a couple more hands and was down to around 2300 chips. Then it happened.

I caught an unsuited AK in my hand and a flop with a king and two rags. Since all 3 cards in the flop were spades, and neither in my hand was, I decided just to go all-in to protect my top pair, top kicker. Naturally I got a call--the player to my right had pocket aces (including the ace of spades, of course) which he was slow playing. It's amazing how bloody often those rockets pop up when I go all-in. In the end he hit the flush, which was overkill anyway.

Ah well, since it was a freeroll I'm not too broken up about the result. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to stick around and join a cash game to work on increasing my tiny bankroll that way. (But I did play a 6-handed sit 'n go on FullTilt with my other meager bankroll, and won that one. But that result doesn't count towards this experiment.)

Thanks for following my saga on this site, and good luck at the tables.

Ending Bankroll: $1.51

No comments: