Saturday, January 12, 2008

Freeroll Flameout

Beginning Bankroll: $1.51

I finally had some time to return to PokerStars and work on my bankroll project. I had received an e-mail from PokerStars inviting me to play in a freeroll tournament this evening at 6:00 EST, so since I did have the time, I did play.

The tournament attracted 1495 entrants, and paid the top 135 places. It turned out not to have been worth my time. I was completely card-dead the whole time (well, I did get a couple of fairly nice hands, no monsters, but only when I was under the gun, so the positional disadvantage led me to muck those hands.) I did win one hand with a pre-flop raise, but otherwise nothing went my way. By the time the blinds reached $50-$100, I had fewer than $1000 in chips in front of me (we started with $1500 each). Finally, with less than $700 remaining, I got an unsuited A-Q, so I pushed all-in. I got one call and, of course, he turned up pocket kings which held up. So I washed out in 1200-somethingth place.

Because of the way the cards were falling against me tonight, I opted not to pull up a seat at a cash game and risk any of my still-minuscule bankroll. So my balance remains unchanged for the day. PokerStars is running the same tournament tomorrow night, so if I can swing the time I may just enter that one to see if the cards will run any better for me. If I play, I'll blog about it when I'm done, so check back for a report. And good luck at the tables.

Ending Bankroll: $1.51

No comments: